I was looking through bumper stickers on facebook today and I saw one that really stood out. It said, 'sometimes I wish I was six and my biggest problem was what dress to wear'. Although its a very popular saying that I have heard many times, for some reason it striked me differently this time.When your six years old; you have to decide what you should build with your blocks, how to assemble a fort in your room, and which cookie to eat. When your in high school; you have to figure out who your going to sit with at lunch, how to strike up a conversation with the guy you like, and how to juggle all the different parts to your life (school, sports, clubs, etc). But when you get even older, your problems get more serious; you have to figure out how to take care of your children, how to keep food on the table, and how to juggle all the problems that come with living on your own.
I walk around constantly thinking about my future, trying to plan it out. When I was in middle school, I wanted to be in high school. Now that I'm in high school, I'm thinking about college. I'm sure I wont appriciate college when that comes around either. Why do I do this? I dont really know. I have trouble living in the present. But since more years bring more problems, why not cherish our adolescence? Because they always say that it goes faster than you think.
So whatever your doing today- whether its sitting on the couch watching television, going to a concert, or hanging with your friends- make sure you enjoy it. Appriciate it, instead of thinking about what will happen tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment