Crazy Dreams

"Hello you long shots, you dark horse runners, hairbrush-singers, dashboard drummers. Hello you wild magnolias, just waiting to bloom. Theres a little bit of all that inside of me and you, thank god even crazy dreams come true" -carrie underwood



Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Live In The Moment

Have you ever stopped what you're doing and taken a moment to observe what's going on around you?

Throughout the summer, I felt out of my element. I missed being with my theatre friends 24/7. So when I sat to watch the theatre auditions for 'My Sister Eileen' today, I was in the highest of spirits. I have to admit- I'm most content when I'm in our school theatre, while surrounded by the friends I call my family. It's the one time I'll never feel out of place.

I often blog about my struggles with living in the moment. Today, that didn't seem like a problem for me. As I sat in the theatre this afternoon, I looked around at all the smiling faces -- the faces I missed over the summer -- and I was overcome with peace. This is where I feel comfortable. This is where I belong.

I try to stop what I'm doing every now and then to capture a memory and really enjoy it. I would like my readers to try this as well. Next time your in your element, I want you to stop and really take a look around.

Capture a memory, feed off the energies, enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment