Crazy Dreams

"Hello you long shots, you dark horse runners, hairbrush-singers, dashboard drummers. Hello you wild magnolias, just waiting to bloom. Theres a little bit of all that inside of me and you, thank god even crazy dreams come true" -carrie underwood



Saturday, April 23, 2011

Never Give Up

When I was five years old, I joined karate. At five ears old, there’s no way I could have known how much I would learn. I’m not just talking about Back-kicks and the perfect Right Hook; I’m talking about life lessons. Throughout the seven years it took to get my black belt, I was off and on crutches, always had at least an ankle brace on, went through extensive physical therapy and underwent surgery. To get my black belt, I had to survive a 50 mile bike ride and four months of what we all called “boot camp” which was appropriately named. With all my experiences, I feel like I am capable of understanding dedication. There were so many times that I wanted to give up. There were also many doctors who told me it would be impossible to finish. I have one message for my readers:

Never give up. If you want straight A’s, study as much as you have to in order to achieve that goal. If you want to be a singer, sing your heart out and never let your voice be silenced. And if you want to be a black belt, don’t let any injures hold you back. If you want to do anything that seems impossible right now, don’t let anyone discourage you.

Prove them wrong and never give up.

2 comments:

  1. Niki,
    You have always been a determoned soul. Your dedication, courage and perseverance have always inspired me. It's funny how the child can sometimes become the teacher. I learn new things through your eyes every day. Thank you for being who you are.

    ReplyDelete