Franklin D. Roosevelt once said, "the only thing we have to fear is fear itself". I have learned all too well that he was right. Everybody is scared of atleast one thing in their life. With time and exploration, we usually find that our fears were silly.
I am scared of snakes, any kind of bug, fire and heights. Those are just the major ones. But most importantly, for the last few months and especially the last week, i have been terrified out of my mind to get my wisdom teeth out. Everybody insisted that i would be fine and that it would be easy. Lets just say- I didnt believe them.
I've been worried about this for months. Silently panicing inside, asking every possible question to reassure myself when, as all of you predicted, it didnt work. All the extra mental preparation and over thinking just made me freak out even more. I was making it worse and i didnt even know i was.
So you'd think with all this planning that i would have something good to show for it, right? Wrong again. Do you want to know what happened? I had a mental break down in the office before they put me to sleep. So much for 'mental preparation'. And now I'm sitting at home a bit swollen and sore but otherwise content thinking about the past months and practically laughing at myself for how silly i behaved. I'm fine, the surgery went fine- just like everybody told me. I'm almost possitive that if i just let go of that fear months ago, realized that its going to happen whether i like it or not, and i'll be fine; ya know what? I would have been just that: fine.
So take Franklin D Roosevelts' advice- "the only thing you have to fear is fear itself". Because he really knew what he was talking about.
I am scared of snakes, any kind of bug, fire and heights. Those are just the major ones. But most importantly, for the last few months and especially the last week, i have been terrified out of my mind to get my wisdom teeth out. Everybody insisted that i would be fine and that it would be easy. Lets just say- I didnt believe them.
I've been worried about this for months. Silently panicing inside, asking every possible question to reassure myself when, as all of you predicted, it didnt work. All the extra mental preparation and over thinking just made me freak out even more. I was making it worse and i didnt even know i was.
So you'd think with all this planning that i would have something good to show for it, right? Wrong again. Do you want to know what happened? I had a mental break down in the office before they put me to sleep. So much for 'mental preparation'. And now I'm sitting at home a bit swollen and sore but otherwise content thinking about the past months and practically laughing at myself for how silly i behaved. I'm fine, the surgery went fine- just like everybody told me. I'm almost possitive that if i just let go of that fear months ago, realized that its going to happen whether i like it or not, and i'll be fine; ya know what? I would have been just that: fine.
So take Franklin D Roosevelts' advice- "the only thing you have to fear is fear itself". Because he really knew what he was talking about.
We are so much alike it's scary...I'm sorry! haha
ReplyDeletei thought you were going to sleep, sb! your gonna be exhausted. haha and dont say sorry, its my own fault and craziness. lol
ReplyDelete