I have the type of personality where I need to have everything planned. For the longest time I lived by the quote, "Failing to plan is planning to fail". It seemed like a logical concept- if you plan everything, you'll succeed.
As long as I can remember, I have been mapping out my entire life. My college, my wedding, my job. The list goes on. Up until recently, I could have probably told you my entire future if it went as planned, but that's exactly the point. Things never go as planned.
So I'm now trying to change my ways. I'm living by a new quote- "Expect the best, plan for the worst, and prepare to be surprised." At least I'm going to try. After all, old habits die hard.
"Expect the best, plan for the worst, and prepare to be surprised." I have loved that expression all my life and tried to live it. Did you come up with that yourself, or have you heard me say it?
ReplyDeletecame up with it myself. i've actually never heard you say it before...
ReplyDelete